Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nice Weekends End Too Soon...

This was a great week for the Ward family. Andy is in full swing football mode and I have enjoyed my break from school. I go back on the 24Th, so this is my last full week home with Jolea before I go back. It kinda makes me sad, that I have gotten a taste of what being a stay at home mom would feel like, and now its already time to get back into the swing-of-things. She grows a little bit each and everyday and she is always learning something "new!" I have enjoyed our time together and we have lots of fun things planned for this week. I want to make the most of it ...and Jolea loves the attention she gets when its just the two-of-us.
I got a new camera this weekend...and I am so happy about it because I was always borrowing my Mom's and one camera split between 2 people who LOVE to take pictures...just wasn't the ideal situation. I got a Canon PowerShot A1000 IS...here it is.

I LOVE it...and I have been told by my favorite photographer (Ashley Phillips) that the Canon PowerShot is a great camera for the money. Woo Hoo...Kodak moments...here I come. Speaking of moments, allow me to introduce you to Jolea the "Cheez-ing" baby. This is her favorite pose as of right now...and it totally matches her personality...and totally cracks me up.

Today was a milestone for Jolea...she actually sit in my lap...and let me put teenie-tiny pigtails in her hair. It melted my heart...and it will now be mommy mandatory that she wear them at least to church. She was so sweet and she looked so girly in them. Although I did have to bribe her with her favorite snack to sit in my lap and let me do her hair, she never messed with them for the rest of the day and we ended up taking them out tonite before bath time...so...way to go Jolea Dru.

Another important thing to mention is that we are "PACI-FREE!" I started early last week by snipping a little off the end. I kept cutting a little more and a little more till the hole was so big that she was really just frustrated with it. So on Wednesday night after we got home from the shopping trip, she decided she didn't want it anymore. She grabbed it in her hand and walked down the hall to the kitchen and just chunked the whole thing in the trash...and that was the last of it. I just knew she would wake up in the middle of the night in a frenzy trying to find it, but she didn't and she has been a real champ about it. I'm so proud of her! Now, we have to potty-train! YIKES!

Well, its late and I have a project for Jolea's birthday to work on (more about that later) so I better close for now...

~GoodNight~

No comments: