Monday, August 3, 2009

River Trip 2009

Finally after all these years, I was able to do something fun and out of the ordinary with my best friend, her husband and several others. We made reservations in January to go stay at the Gruene River Outpost Lodge in Gruene Texas and float the Comal river. Now, our accomodations were located right on the Guadalupe River, but it was so low we decided to shuttle over and float the Comal instead. It's the perfect length of float too...not too short and not too long...and just the right amount of fun. We went down late Thursday night and we strolled the streets of Gruene on Friday morning before we got on the river. I just love sweet little towns like that one. Everything is so old and charming. There were flowers everywhere and big over grown shade trees that lingered across the roads. We did a little shopping, strolling and picture taking of course:)
Jaclyn and I modeling our new hats :)
Wine tasting in Gruene
The view right outside our room was awesome. It was just a few steps away from the river bank. There was a tree swing just across the river...and I was so proud of myself for making it across and up the ladder so I could swing with all my might!!!
We stopped in at the Grist Mill for dinner on Saturday night before hitting up the Gruene Dancehall. Jaclyn's husbands cousin is the lead singer in the Britt Lloyd Band. Would'nt ya know it...he just happened to be playing there that night...so of course we couldnt miss out on the show. If you are into Texas Country music...you should go check them out for sure.

Dinner was delicious and I LOVE the charm and character of the restaurant. The views were beautiful all around us, and the Sangria was really refreshing.

We had a great time with some of our dearest friends...and who knows, maybe this trip will become a tradition. I have always loved the Hill Country, mixed in with a little sunshine, sunscreen, the cool river and a tube to float it. Good times!

No comments: