Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School of the Last School Year...

School started Monday and I got to take "another" trip to the McMurry University bookstore. Take a look at this little stack of educational excellence and tell me...how much do you think these babies cost?

My friends you are looking at 293 dollars worth of books..."used" books at that...and there are only three of them. That means they were almost 100 dollars a piece, and that means that colleges and universities all over the world are getting away with highway robbery. Ugh...
The first day back to school was terribly dull for me. I went to bed Sunday night with a headache, the beginning aches of a sore throat and a stuffy nose. When I woke up at 7am, I was in a full fledged sinus infection complete with yucky beautifully green boogies in my nose and that awful pressure that builds up behind your eyes and makes it feel like your eyeballs are going to pop out every time you bend over :) Sorry if that leaves a rather graphic image in your mind...but hey...its the truth. What a way to start back to school right...and on top of all that...can you believe I was grumpy. My daughter didn't help the situation when she decided to be a little "stink" all day long. Whiny Whiny Whiny and have I ever mentioned how stubborn and strong willed she is?
I can remember being young and going back to school on the first day. The outfit was perfect, the hair was done, the lunch was perfectly packed, the back pack was styling and I was ready to go. There was always something magical about the first day of school...too bad I'm all grown up now and the magic has...disappeared. I did realize that I have just began the first days of school of the last school year, and that makes me very happy. I have every intention of getting my masters degree, so I will go back eventually but the majority of that schooling will be done online...so YIPPY for me. There is a light at the end of the tunnel that is beginning to peek through.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

highway robbery is right...don't miss that trip to the bookstore. good luck this last semester!